Gent Technologies - www.gent.ie - Free
Online Practice Tests
Return to Gent Technologies - Online
Tests and Notes page
Test 1 Excel Test 2 Excel
Test 3 - Cell References and Ranges Excel Test 4 - Charts Excel
Test 5 - Excel Errors Excel
Test 6 - Excel Formatting
Excel Test 7 - External Files
and Templates Excel Test 8 - Editing Excel Test 9 - Formulas Excel: Selecting Cells Excel: Forumlas Excel: Cell Referencing Word
Test 1 Word Test 2 Word
Test 3 PowerPoint Test 1 Access
Test 1 Internet Test 1
© Paul Gent,
All Rights Reserved
Excel Test 1
You should have Excel open and a blank spreadsheet visible
to do this test. You should not use notes or books.
Only use Excel and its associated help files.
Answers: Are displayed using white text
so they are not immediately visible. If you select the text, as if you
were going to copy it, on the Answer line, it will appear.
1. A user
wishes to remove a spreadsheet from a workbook. Which is the correct
sequence of events that will do this?
a. Go to FILE - SAVE AS - SAVE AS TYPE - Excel 4.0 Work Sheet
b. Right click on the spreadsheet tab and select DELETE
c. Right click on the spreadsheet and select INSERT - ENTIRE COLUMN
Answer = b
2. What is the keyboard shortcut (button or buttons to
be pressed) for creating a Chart from the selected cells?
3. Which formula can add the all the numeric values in a range of
cells, ignoring those which are not numeric, and place the result in a
4. Which of these will NOT select all the cells in a document?
a. Clicking three times with the right mouse button in the
b. Using the Edit - Select All menu item
c. Pressing CTRL + A on the keyboard
5. When you see a cell with a red triangle in the top right corner,
what does this signify?
a. There is an error in the cell
b. There is a comment associated with the cell
c. The font colour for text in the cell is red
d. A formula cannot be entered into the cell
6. Which of the following buttons on the Excel toolbar will format
selected cells so that they appear as currency values?
7. Which of the following will NOT set text in selected cells to ITALICS?
a. Pressing CTRL + I on the keyboard
b. Using the Tools - Wizard - Web Form menu item
c. Using the Format - Cells - Font menu item
8. Is it possible to insert an image from a file into an Excel spreadsheet?