1. Which Microsoft Word feature allows you to create individual form letters?
A. Envelopes and Labels
C. Mail Merge
Answer = C. Mail Merge
2. To save an existing document with an alternative name you would….
A. Click on the Save button
B. Select File, Save As from the menu bar
C. Select File, New from the menu bar
D. Click on the Open button
Answer = B. Select File, Save As from the menu bar
3. Which Microsoft Word facility allows you to set indentations to your specifications and include leaders where necessary?
Answer = A. Tabs
4. What is the file extension used for Microsoft Word document templates?
Answer = D. .dot
5. Which Word view does not show the Header and Footer details?
B. Print Layout
D. Web Layout
Answer = B. Print Layout
6. Which Microsoft Word tool allows you to automatically copy the font type, size and colour from one piece of text to another?
A. Copy and Paste
B. Cut and Paste
C. Format, Paragraph
D. Format Painter
Answer = D. Format Painter
7. Which Microsoft Word menu options allow you to change the unit of measurement for the document and to view File Locations, along with a host of other setting?
A. Tools, Customise
B. Tools, Options
C. Tools, Templates and Add-Ins
D. Format, AutoFormat
Answer = B. Tools, Options
8. What would you see while spell checking the phrase “My father was write”?
A. The word “write” is misspelled.
B. No errors.
C. The word “father” is misspelled.
D. A green line appears under “write”
Answer = B. No errors.
9. In order to email a Word document from within Word, which would you do?
A. File, Send To, Mail Recipient (As Attachment)
B. Save the file as an email attachment
C. Start Outlook and attach the file while open in Word
D. This is an impossible operation
Answer = A. File, Send To, Mail Recipient (As Attachment)
10. What is the file extension used for Microsoft Word documents?
Answer = B. .doc